Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tink Candleholder

My third attempt at etching. I used my Tinkerbell and Friends cartridge and cut Tinkerbell in blackout, and etched, it's not perfect, but it is my favorite...for now.

New Years Candle Holder

Simple-ish to make, this was my second attempt at etching, I used the Storybook cartridge to cut a scalloped oval and the numbers 2010 and etched onto a square dish. Put a small votive holder in the center of the square dish and added glass marbles, a white candle and my New Year's guests have a gift to take home.

New Year, new craft

So...I've decided that etching with my Cricut is something I should try. So try I did. I decided to use contact paper (instead of vinyl, cause I'm cheap). My first attempt....I cussed, I cursed, I finally etched, but it was HORRIBLE!!! The etching itself was ok, but the image was very crooked, I had a very hard time getting the words I'd welded together in Design Studio straight. The second attempt was much better, a much simpler design, nothing welded, and my third attemp is when I decided I LOVE ETCHING!!!!!!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Poinsettia Card

This is the poinsettia card I came up with when I was sick of dealing with holly, using the same basic card. Unfortunately I didn't have a catridge with a poinsettia cut, so I used DesignStudio with Plantain Schoolbook to make this one. It cuts in 4 pieces which I inked with gold then layered. Used Distress Stickles (color=scattered straw) in the middle, applied very heavily.
The cut file for the poinsetta can be found here

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Holly Card

Holly Card

The things I used
Cricut Expression
~Christmas Cheer
~Swiss Dots (made more later with D'vine Swirls and Snowflakes)
Paper Cutter
~Holly, Christmas Red
~white, black, red, green
2 way glue pen
Glue runner
Stamp and inkpad

I set up my Cricut to cut the Holly on blackout at 2.5 and 1.5 out of the green cardstock, next I cut the Holly shifted at 2.5 and 1.5 out of the red carstock. I cut the Black cardstock to 5.5" by 8.5" and folded in half to make the 4.25" by 5.5" card, I also cut a 2.75" square out of the black. I cut 2- 5" by 3.75" rectangles and a 2.25" square from the white cardstock. I embossed one of the rectangles and adhered it to the front of the card, and stamped and glued the plain one to the inside. I glued the 2 squares together and used my Zig pen to adhere the larger holly leaves and berries onto it, where I stickled them and put it aside to dry. Then I glued the smaller leaves and berries to the inside, more stickles (I love Stickles). Once everything was dry I glued the decorated square onto the front and was done.

New Blog

How exciting!!!! I've started a blog. A place where I can post some of my favorite cards, layouts and other assorted crafts.