Monday, February 1, 2010

Glossy Valentine

I LOVE GLOSSY/METALLIC PAPER!!!!



I started this card thinking it was going to be only black and white, with the only color coming from the bling in the center of the flowers...then I decided it needed just a tiny touch more. The card itself is an A2 (5.5 x 4.25") made from a matte black cardstock the background layer is a pearl white (glossy) embossed with d'vine swirls cuttlebug folder. The heart and flowers are cuts from Cricut's Sweetheart cartridge welded together in DesignStudio. The largest heart was cut from a metallic fushia, the medium heart was cut from a glossy black and then embossed with the d'vine folder. The white layer is the pearl white again. the middle flower was cut seperately so I could use 3D dots to pop it out.
This card can definately be done without DS and just pieced together, I, however, really love DS so I can manipulate the sizes and see what it will look like before I cut.

The cut file for the heart can be downloaded HERE

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!!

    I love this card. It is simply delightful. All of your cards on your blog are wonderful. thanks for sharing your creations and the files for them.

    Craftybird-Cindy

    ReplyDelete