Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Peachy Keen Challenge 37

I'm LOVING fall colors this year. I really wanted to use something fun in my card, so I chose raffia, perfect for fall. What else is perfect for fall? A scarecrow, of course. I used PPDU and EDPP for all the cuts and inked the edges in brown for a dirty look. I layered raffia under the clothes for the hay (kinda a pain in the butt, but worth it). For the face I used my PKS Monster Mash Assortment (super cute). The pumpkins are the jack-o-lanterns from PPDU with the faces removed with my gypsy, inked the edges with brown and colored the vines and stems with green. Layered frames in fall colors, and more raffia tied, and I called it done.

8 comments:

  1. Boy you're quick! What a super cute card! I love your choice to use raffia...CUTE! Love the straw effect. Thanks so much for playing along with us again at PeachyKeen! Good luck!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, I like all the details in the scarecrow and pumkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute scarecrow. Love the raffia used for straw. Good luck with the PKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tara,
    Love the Scarecrow...Finally a scarecrow that doesn't scare...lol...JEEPERS CREEPers...LOL

    Keep Scrappin', Keep Sharin'

    Sweet Scrappy Hugs,
    honey B

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card!! love the straw and the face is so cute!
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara this is amazing!! I LOVE your scarecrow and that raffia is is just the ticket!!! Thanks for playing along with us again at PK. Good luck!
    Hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! Great job. I'm glad to have found your wonderful blog. I can't wait to visit again. I just became your newest follower on your blog. :)
    jen(jennyscards.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete